The Quebec Immigrants Investor Program is for knowledgeable investors who have significant assets and private net worth which they want to invest within the province of Quebec.
In order to be eligible to place an application for the Quebec Investor Program, applicants must have net assets totaling a minimum of $2 million CAD (Canadian Dollars) and the ability to invest a minimum of $1,200,000 CAD with a Quebec financial intermediary.
As it is with all of Quebec’s immigration pathways, this program qualifies applicants to place an application for a certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec selection certificate).
Upon receiving a CSQ, an applicant becomes eligible to officially submit an application for Canadian permanent residence.
Quebec Immigrants Investor Program Requirements
To be considered eligible for Quebec’s Immigrants Investor Program, you must:
- have, alone or together with your accompanying spouse or de facto spouse, legally acquired net assets of a minimum of $2,000,000 CAD, excluding any amounts received by donation under six months before your application is submitted
- have management experience for a minimum of two years within the five years preceding the application for selection. This experience must include duties associated with the planning, management, and control of monetary, human, or material resources under your authority. This doesn’t include experience acquired in an apprenticeship, training, or specialization resulting in a diploma
- have the intention settle in Québec
- sign an investment agreement with a financial intermediary (broker or trust company) authorized to participate within the Investor Program
- make a five-year term investment of C$1,200,000 with Investissement Québec – Immigrants Investisseurs Inc.
- obtain, by the prescribed deadline, an attestation of learning about democratic values and therefore the Québec values. The members of your family accompanying you (your spouse and your dependent children aged 18 years or older) must also obtain the attestation.
Investors who meet the above criteria and have an interest in immigrating to Quebec can apply for a CSQ from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI). This program only accepts paper-based applications, submitted in hard copy text by mail or courier.
Applications will take into consideration other factors such as age, language proficiency, and educational background.
The Quebec immigrants Investor Program features a limit on the number of applications it’ll accept during a given period, that is, this program has a yearly cap of 1900 applications; any application received after the maximum allowed application is reached will be returned to the applicant.
As well, the program only accepts applications during pre-determined application intake periods.
QIIP Application Process?
- Gather documentation supporting your personal net worth and managerial experience. you want to also prove the legal, historical accumulation of all of your assets.
- the finished application is reviewed for compliance, by an approved licensed financial intermediary with quota allocations from Quebec immigration authorities.
- the application is then submitted to Quebec immigration authorities.
- A file number is issued by Quebec within 30-days after the reception.
- A notice of interview or interview waiver takes place within 12 months after submission.
a decision takes place within 30 days after the interview.
- Approved applicants are going to be requested to form their investment within 110 days of a positive decision.
- After the investment, you’ll receive a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). This document allows you to use for permanent residence at the federal level.
- Submit a full application to federal immigration authorities, who will conduct security and medical checks.
- Depending on the visa office, applications are finalized to visa issuance within a variety of roughly 12 months (North America, Western Europe, and South America) to 44 months (China).
- After approval, passports are requested and a confirmation of permanent residence (COPR) is issued to the applicant and dependants.
- Applicants and dependants must visit Canada before the expiry date on the COPR document. The COPR will have a validity date near 12-months, like the 1-year anniversary of the medical checkup.
Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP) Visa Processing Time
How Long Does It Take to Obtain A Visa Through the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP)? It can take between 12 to 44 months to obtain a visa through the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program (QIIP), depending on where you’re applying.
Waiting times are shorter in North America, Western Europe, and South America (12 months), but longer in China, Macau, and Hong Kong (44 months).
These waiting times are after a full application has been submitted to Canada’s federal immigration authorities. Preliminary approvals by Quebec immigration authorities occur in about 12 months.
QIIP remains the only option in Canada for top and high-grossing net worth business immigrants to secure Canadian permanent residence on the idea of a passive investment.