The province of Quebec is totally distinct and acts slightly different from the other provinces in Canada, having full autonomy granted to them by the federal government to control the conduct of immigration policies and procedures, which has been treated differently from the rest provinces.
|Canadian Universities With High Acceptance Rate||APPLY NOW|
|Tuition Free Universities in Canada||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Study Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Work Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Holiday Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Move to Canada With Family||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Express Entry||APPLY NOW|
The Certificat d’Acceptation du Quebec (Quebec Acceptance Certificate, CAQ) is required for many temporary foreign workers and students who shall reside within the province of Quebec.
The Quebec government provides CAQs to foreign nationals and international students that meet the province’s admission criteria. Once the foreign national has been approved, then candidates can then submit their CAQ to the Canadian government to secure their work or study permit.
Procedures for Applying for a CAQ
Applying for a CAQ, applicants must ensure that they get the necessary requisites:
- Letter of Acceptance: In order to apply for a CAQ for a study program, the potential applicant must first obtain a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) located in Quebec province. The letter of acceptance is an official document issued by the institution attesting that the student has been accepted into a study program. Certain individuals could also be exempt from the need for a CAQ before applying for a study permit.
- CAQ Documents: As an international student, applying for a CAQ application, you must first seek to determine the documents that are required. These requirements vary significantly counting on the applicant’s personal situation and country of citizenship. Country-specific requirements are listed on the Immigration Quebec website. When completing the application make sure you are careful not to miss any document or provide wrong information which may lead to refusal of CAQ.
- CAQ Application: As an international student who is ready to submit their CAQ, this can be done by completing the application using the immigration Quebec web portal. The required information must be provided and the payment for the application fee must be made using a credit card. Once payment is made and submitted the foreign national must print the application, sign it, and mail it in hard copy to the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion (MIDI). Applicants should also note that only the original signature on the application will be accepted. Without the original signature, the application will be declined.
- After CAQ is received: After the applicant’s CAQ has been received successfully, then the applicant can proceed to apply for a study permit from Canada‘s federal government. Once your CAQ application is approved, you’ll receive an email from Immigration Quebec instructing you to verify your online CAQ portal for your online CAQ approval letter. you will have to save Your CAQ approval letter or download it in pdf format. Your online CAQ approval letter will be used for applying for your study permit. There is no need to wait for a hard copy to be sent to your mail before you can apply for the study permit.
- first, you must obtain a letter from a designated learning institution (DLI)
- Ensure you complete the application online by providing all necessary information and pay the processing fee using a credit card.
- Ensures to make study your principal activity.
- obtaining your personalized checklist that you will have to submit to the immigration Quebec.
- Ensure you have full health and hospitalization insurance that will cover you throughout the duration of your stay in Quebec.
- Possess a high level of financial capability that can take care of your tuition fee and cost of living throughout your stay in Quebec.
- a legible photocopy of the identity pages of your passport containing your personal information and the passport expiry date.