Any foreign national wishing to work in Canada must have the right authorization. For the broad majority of foreign nationals, this authorization comes within the sort of a legitimate work permit. An open work permit is usually one that’s not job-specific. Because of it not being job-specific, you’ll not need the following requirements once you apply for a work permit:
|Canadian Universities With High Acceptance Rate||APPLY NOW|
|Tuition Free Universities in Canada||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Study Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Work Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Holiday Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Move to Canada With Family||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Express Entry||APPLY NOW|
- a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada, or
- proof that an employer has submitted a suggestion of employment through the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee
What is an Open Work Permit?
A work permit is an official document that gives an individual of foreign nationality the privilege to take part in employment activities while inside Canada. An open work permit is a working paper that isn’t tied to one employer or location.
This indicates that an individual of foreign nationality with a legitimate open work permit may be open to working for multiple employers in multiple locations throughout Canada.
Note that certain open work permits are likely to have additional requirements or restrictions which must be respected by individuals of foreign nationality. Open work permits are most ordinarily issued through any of these immigration programs outlined below:
- Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWP)
- International Experience Canada (IEC)
- Inland Spousal or Common-Law Sponsorship
- Bridging Open Work Permits (BOWP)
In most cases, you’ll need to pay the open work permit holder fee at an equivalent time where you pay the work permit fee.
Benefits of an Open Working Permit
An Open work permit is highly wanted for the liberty they provide their holders. While most work permits are tied to a selected employer, an open work permit allows an individual of foreign nationality to work for any employer in Canada and the freedom to maneuver from location to location at their own discretion.
By gaining Canadian work experience, many individuals of foreign nationality will improve their eligibility for Canadian permanent residency. As Canadian work experience is accrued, foreign nationals can monitor their eligibility for any of the listed pathways to permanent residence:
- Express Entry
- Federal Skilled worker (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
- Quebec Immigration
Even with an open work permit, foreign nationals aren’t eligible to simply accept employment from any of these categories of employers:
- Employers who are listed as ineligible for having been non-compliant with IRCC regulations
- Employers who regularly offer striptease, erotic dance, escort services, or erotic massages.
Who is Eligible
Individuals of foreign nationality within the following situations could also be eligible to apply for an open work permit:
- Spouses or common-law partners of some temporary foreign workers
- Spouses or common-law partners of some international students
- Some international students who have graduated from a delegated program of study in Canada
- Permanent residency applicants who have applied through the inland spousal sponsorship process
- Some young workers participating in programs offered through International Experience Canada (IEC)
- Refugees, refugee claimants, protected persons, and their relations
The exact eligibility requirements and application procedure vary counting on which of the above-mentioned situations the individual of foreign nationality meets.