P Visa is a non-immigrant US Visa available for Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers. If you excel in athletics, art, or entertainment and intend to enter the US, the P Visa should be your top choice.
|Canadian Universities With High Acceptance Rate||APPLY NOW|
|Tuition Free Universities in Canada||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Study Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Work Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Holiday Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Move to Canada With Family||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Express Entry||APPLY NOW|
With the P visa, foreign nationals who excel as Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers can either work temporarily or participate in an athletic occasion or performance in the US.
Did you know that there is no current annual cap for the P Visa? This implies that if you meet the requirements for a P Visa, you have a chance to be issued one. As you continue reading this article, you will be fully acquainted with the P Visa requirements and how to apply for a P Visa.
What are the Benefits of the P Visa
Before anything else, let’s quickly look at the benefits of the P Visa. Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers may enjoy the following privileges as P Visa holders
- They are eligible to work in the US for their Visa sponsors
- P Visa holders can change their visa type if they get a new job offer in the US.
- P Visa holders are allowed to travel in and out of the US or remain in the US continuously through the validity of the P Visa.
- Dependents of P Visa holders can join them in the US using the P-4 Visa
P Visa Classification
The P Visa is classified into 3; P-1, P-2, and P-3 Visas. Each has distinct requirements and Validity which is fully discussed here.
1. P-1 Visa
The P-1 Visa is further divided into 2; P-1A for individuals or team athletes; and P-1B for members of an entertainment group internationally recognized. The P-1 Visa holders participate in various competitions or programs in order to promote themselves.
What are the Requirements for a P-1 Visa?
To qualify for a P-1A Visa, you must meet at least 2 of the following requirements:
- You must be an Athlete internationally or nationally recognized
- You must have participated in a national or international competition
- You must have participated in a major US sports league
- You must have participated in a US college, sports tournament
- You must have been issued a national or international award for your outstanding performance.
To qualify for P-1B Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- The entertainer or group must be highly recognized by critics, government agencies or other experts
- The entertainer or group must have their achievements outlined in popular newspapers, blogs, etc.
- The entertainer or group must be highly paid for their skills.
How Long Does it take to process P-1 Visa
It takes between 3 to 5 months to process a P-1 Visa. However, you can get your visa within 15days, If you opt for premium processing. The P-1 Visa premium processing costs $1,225.
P-1 Visa Validity
P1A Visa is valid for 1 year, after which the applicant can extend for another year for a maximum period of 10 years. The P-1B Visa is also Valid for 1 year and can be extended by 1 year until the performance is completed.
2. P-2 Visa
The P-2 visa is issued to foreign artists and Entertainers to give them access to the US in order to perform in a reciprocal exchange program. It can be issued to an individual or a group. P-2 Visa holders are eligible to perform and compete for prize money in a reciprocal exchange program.
What are the Requirements for a P-2 Visa
To qualify for a P-2 visa, you must meet one of the following requirements
- You must be as experienced and skilled as the US Entertainers in the exchange program.
- You must be a part of a group, or
- An individual that is part of a reciprocal exchange
How Long Does it take to process P-2 Visa
It could take up to 6 months for your P-2 visa application to be processed. However, you can get your visa within 15days, If you opt for premium processing. The P-2 Visa premium processing costs $1,440.
P-2 Visa Validity
The P-2 Visa is valid for up to 1 year which is extendable by another 1 year.
3. P-3 Visa
The P-3 visas are issued to foreign artists and entertainers who wish to come to the US with the purpose of participating or coaching under a culturally unique program. A program is said to be culturally unique if it is peculiar to a particular country or group of persons.
What are the Requirements for P-3 Visa
To qualify for P-3 Visa, you must meet one of the following requirements
- You must be employed in a cultural program that will help improve your art.
- You must have intentions of leaving the US at the expiration of your Visa
- You must have the required skill to coach or interpret a culturally unique program.
How Long Does it take to process P-3 Visa
It could take up to 3 months for your P-3 visa application to be processed. However, you can get your visa within 15days, If you opt for premium processing. The P-3 Visa premium processing costs $1,225.
P-3 Visa Validity
The P-3 Visa is usually valid for up to 1 year which is extendable by another 1 year.
How To Apply for P Visas
The Application process for all P Visas is the same.
It starts with a US-based sponsoring company filing a petition with the USCIS on Form I-129. If the petition is approved, the applicant can apply for a P Visa following these steps:
- Complete and Submit Application Form DS-160
- Pay the P Visa application fee of $190
- Schedule your interview
- Go for your interview. You’re required to visit the consulate or embassy in your home country for an interview.
What are the Required Documents for P Visa
The following documents are required while processing a P Visa:
- Your Valid Passport
- A Description of the event you’re attending
- A Copy of your employment contract
- Evidence to prove your accomplishments
- Evidence of a reciprocal program (for P-2 Visa applicants)
- Your CV or resume
- Form DS-160 Confirmation page
- Travel itinerary
- Contracts with U.S sports leagues ( for P-1 Visa applicants)
- A copy of Form I-797 to prove petition approval
Can I Bring My Family with a P Visa
Spouses and children (under 21 years old) of P visa holders can accompany them to the US If they apply and are issued P-4 Visas.
Which of the P Visas are you interested in? Let us know in the comments section below.