The 0-1B visa is a category of visa under the 0-1 type of visa meant for individuals with extraordinary abilities. This extraordinary ability should be found in sciences, arts, athletics, sports, business, or the education sector.
|Canadian Universities With High Acceptance Rate||APPLY NOW|
|Tuition Free Universities in Canada||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Study Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Work Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Holiday Visa||APPLY NOW|
|Move to Canada With Family||APPLY NOW|
|Canada Express Entry||APPLY NOW|
Any recipient of the visa must have displayed extraordinary abilities over time. They must have records of them displaying these activities either in motion pictures, videos, or pictures. These displays should be either national or internationally recognized.
To qualify for this visa as an individual, you must have demonstrated extraordinary abilities over time, and be recognized nationally or internationally, with evidence by motion pictures or television. The recipient must be willing to leave his place of residence to migrate to the US to work temporarily in the area where they have extraordinary abilities.
Extraordinary abilities in the field of science and that of arts are both very different. While the 0-1A has to do with Extraordinary abilities in the field of science, business, education, or athletics, the 0-1B has to do with abilities in the field of arts.
This article will emphasize the 0-1B visa. The 0-1B visa is given to an individual who has attained distinction in the field of arts. This simply means a very with which means a high level of achievement in the field of arts.
This is shown with evidence in skill and abilities so rare, as such must have gained recognition and prowess in the field of arts.
However, extraordinary abilities in the field of business, science, athletics, and education mean such person is an expert in that field and have risen above so many others who are in the same field, to the extent they look up to you for professional advice and theories concerning the same field.
However, it is imperative to note that the 0-1 visa is in two categories, which are 0-1A and 0-1B visas.
The 0-1B visa applicants must be one who has extraordinary abilities in arts, motion pictures, and television. For the 0-1B visa applicants, their assistants are important during production. They are usually very essential to the completion of production.
How to qualify for a 0-1B visa
It is important to note that there are requirements needed to qualify for the 0-1B visa. The 0-1B applicant must be one who has several documents showing they have either received awards of recognition or been nominated for awards too.
These awards and prizes should be nationally and internationally recognized in the field of arts, motion pictures, or television. They may include awards such as Oscars, Grammy, MTV base awards, Emmy, or Tony Awards.
As similar to the 0-1A visa application, the employer can also submit three types of documentation for proof. The documentations are as follows:
- If the applicant has had to perform as a lead artist or been starred in a production or event with renowned performers. This performance must have been shown in ads, come up in critical reviews, publicity releases, contracts or endorsements.
- Documents that shows proof of national or international recognition for achievements attained as a performer. Published materials about those who must have benefitted from you as a performer, journals, papers and magazines about you the performer.
- Performance either as a lead performer or staring in roles for an organisation or establishment whose reputation is known and distinguished, with evidence from the media, articles, testimonies, and write-ups.
- Has attained a level of achievements which is recognized by the government agencies, reputable organisations etc.
- Has a proper record of achievements and success in same field.
- Has a salary which is above average as compared to others in the same field.
Steps to apply for a 0-1B visa
The employer in the US is in charge of recommending the 0-1B visa applicant, therefore, the steps you and your employer will take when applying for a 0-1B visa includes;
1. File a petition
The US employer will file the petition on behalf of the extraordinary person or you depending on who.
2. Petition to USCIS
The petition will be filed with the USCIS on your behalf. At this stage, the US agent or employer will file Form 1-129 and completely fill the form with the necessary requirements.
3. Pay the application fee
Then they proceed to pay the application fee which is usually $460 dollars. They’d fill necessary documents and submit them to the USCIS after which the USCIS will review the petition and give feedback on their decision which is either positive or negative.
If their decision is positive, then the application process can proceed.
4. Pay the visa fees
The next step is to pay the visa fees. This fee can be paid online or through a bank, but it is important to have a receipt which will also be attached to the document and presented on the day of the visa appointment.
5. Schedule an appointment
This is where you’d be a need to schedule an appointment for an interview with the US embassy. You can schedule these appointments online.
6. Gather necessary documents
You’d be asked to come with certain documents, at this stage you are expected to gather and arrange the required documents. The following documents are needed when applying for this 0-1B visa. They include;
- A written note or consultation from a colleague who operates in your field. The person must also be an expert in your field.
- A copy or document of the contract of employment that includes all agreements and conditions under which you’ll be employed.
- As an employee, there are certain conditions under which you are being employed, this includes activities and events in which you are to participate in. Therefore, there’d be a document outlining all activities and events in which you would participate. They include dates, venues, and other details pertaining to the activities.
- Knowing that you have extraordinary abilities is not enough, there’d be a need for proof. This evidence or proof will truly show your abilities.
Proof shows your achievements, and they may be an award, published articles or projects about your field of expertise, top research and contributions in your field of expertise, or being a member of a renowned or highly distinguished association that concerns your field, etc.