HomeUS VisaTravelling Abroad As a US Visa Holder

Travelling Abroad As a US Visa Holder

If you are preparing to travel abroad as a US Visa Holder, it may interest you to know that you can travel to 49 different Countries with a valid US Visa. This article explains how and the countries you can travel to abroad as a US Visa Holder.

The United States is a powerful nation that has a lot of influence over many countries. The US Visa exudes as much power itself.

Having that US Visa Application has a strict screening process, many countries believe that if you’re found worthy to be issued a US Visa, then you should be eligible for theirs as well.

It is often assumed that US Visa holders have no criminal records or intents of illegal immigration because they were already screened out by the US Consulates.

Furthermore, some of the developing countries do not have the structures or finance to screen many applicants. Therefore, they assume that if you were already screened by a country like the US, there is no need to screen you again. This gives a US Visa Holder easy access into these countries.

What documents do I need to Travel Abroad as a US Visa Holder?

Before we dive into where you can travel abroad as a US Visa Holder, let’s look at the other documents (aside from a Visa) you need to travel abroad as a US Visa Holder. Here are the documents you’ll need to travel abroad:


A passport is required for all air travel abroad. If you’re planning to travel abroad as a US Visa Holder, ensure your passport is valid for at least six months after the date you intend to travel. If you don’t have a passport or yours is about to expire, you need to apply for a passport. Make a copy of your passport and store it in a different part of your luggage in case the original copy gets missing.

Covid-19 Passport

You’ll need a Covid-19 Passport to prove your vaccinated status at airports or other departure points. This document includes personal details, health records, and information about your COVID-19 vaccination(s). If you haven’t been vaccinated, ensure you’re fully vaccinated before travelling abroad.

Flight itinerary and Hotel bookings

A flight itinerary is a document that confirms the schedule of the flight that you are planning to take to your destination country and back. It shows that you have saved a seat on the flight for a particular number of days.

Ensure you’re with a copy of your flight itinerary and any information related to the hotel you intend to stay at during your trip overseas.

Driver’s License

If you intend to rent a car or drive a vehicle while abroad, travel with your driver’s license. Although some countries require an international driver’s license, other countries permit you to use a driver’s license from your home country under a specified period of time. Verify with the rental car agency in your destination country for the terms and conditions of international driving.

Insurance Information

If you have purchased international medical or travel insurance, ensure you travel with proof. Although these measures are not required items for a trip abroad, having them is a good idea depending on the reason for your intended trip. 

Where Can I Travel Abroad As a US Visa Holder

Aside from the United States which is obvious, you can travel to the following countries abroad as a US Visa Holder. However, some of these countries are particular about the US Visa type and Nationality they permit to use a US Visa. These countries include,

  • United Kingdom
  • Albania
  • Turkey
  • Serbia
  • North Macedonia
  • Montenegro
  • Georgia
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Taiwan
  • South Korea
  • Singapore
  • Philippines
  • Malaysia
  • Armenia
  • São Tomé and Príncipe
  • United Arab Emirates
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Qatar
  • Oman
  • Jordan
  • Peru
  • Columbia
  • Chile
  • Argentina
  • Turks and Caicos
  • Sint Maarten
  • Haiti
  • Jamaica
  • Dominican Republic
  • Curacao
  • Cuba
  • Cayman Islands
  • British Virgin Islands
  • Bonaire
  • Bermuda
  • Bahamas
  • Aruba
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Anguilla (British Territory)
  • Panama
  • Nicaragua
  • Honduras
  • Guatemala
  • El Salvador
  • Belize
  • Costa Rica
  • Mexico 
  • Canada

Which US Visa Type do I need to Travel Abroad

Depending on the country, any of the following US visa types can be used to travel to the aforementioned countries.

  • B1 visa for business visits.
  • B2 visas for tourist visits
  • US Transit/Crew member Visa (C1, D, C1/D)
  • US Work Visa (H1, L1)
  • US Study Visa (F1, J1)
  • US Immigrant Visa (Green card)


If you don’t have a US Visa yet, we would advise you to apply for one. Before applying, you should check out our previous post on how to apply for a US Visa to make the process easier for you.

Notify us in the comments section if you know of any other countries that offer Visa exemption for US Visa holders that isn’t on our list.

Join us on Telegram

If you loved this content, do well to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to get updates and engage with other people like you who wish to immigrate to Canada or just immigrated to Canada.

- Advertisement -

Worldwide News, Local News in London, Tips & Tricks

- Advertisement -

Do You Need a Job Abroad?

Join our mailing list to get the latest job vacancies and travel opportunities abroad.

You have Successfully Subscribed!