How To Immigrate To Canada As A Teacher

Generally, teachers are vested with the responsibility of preparing and teaching specialized, vocational, and technical subjects in either private or public schools or as private tutors.

Quick Navigation

Canadian Universities With High Acceptance Rate APPLY NOW
Tuition Free Universities in Canada APPLY NOW
Canada Study Visa APPLY NOW
Canada Work Visa APPLY NOW
Canada Holiday Visa APPLY NOW
Move to Canada With Family APPLY NOW
Canada Express Entry APPLY NOW

From the job description, you should be able to decipher that teachers are always in high demand everywhere including Canada.

From the year 2019 till date, there have been numerous job openings for teachers in Canada reasons being the recent expansion demand and replacement demand, and about 53,700 job seekers are expected to fill these positions.

Before making plans to move to Canada as a Teacher, you should at least know the basics.

The profession teaching is fitted  into various categories by the Canadian government and these includes:

  • ELS teacher
  • Supply teacher
  • Remedial Aid
  • Biology teachers
  • Teaching aid
  • Librarian
  • Educational resource assistant
  • Teaching assistant

If you are a trained teacher planning to immigrate to Canada to pursue a career in teaching then look no further because this article has all the answers to your questions.

Here on, I would make a quick list of all you should know and possess as detailed as possible so by all means keep scrolling!

  • NOC; knowing the NOC code and job level for the teaching profession is important. NOC code is 4031.
  • Choice of territory or province; you must choose the province or territory you wish to work in as early as possible. This is because the requirements in a particular province may differ from another therefore in order to avoid a misstep choose a province to work in and deliver the requirements accordingly.
  • Local Educational teaching boars, you should check in with this regulatory body in order to be aware of international requirements for provincial teaching certificate, work reference letter, membership to a territorial or provincial teaching certificate, and certification to teach a second language like English or French.
  • ECA; ECA stands for Educational Credential Assessment. You should bear applying for this assessment in mind if need be.

Secure a job; the importance of this cannot be overemphasized. In all your preparations, endeavour to secure a job first before immigrating to Canada.

Below is a list of documents you will need to apply with.

  • The first is the registration form. This is usually found on the Education Institute Website for territory or a Province in Canada.
  • You will also need proof of identities like an Identification Card, Passport, or any other form of identification.
  • You are required to have copies of your academic transcripts and qualifications which can include any teaching-related program completed in Canada.
  • You also need a teaching certificate from your own local territory or province. However, there are some teaching positions that do not necessarily require a teaching certificate. Positions like Adult continuing education teacher, early childhood daycare teacher, education assistant, and international language teachers. For private school teachers, they research the may be certified by the college or institution.
  • You should also possess results for valid language examinations.  In as much as this is not entirely compulsory, it might be required for your teaching position. These tests generally include IELTS and CELPIP. Note that CELPIP can only be taken in Canada. TEF for the French Language.

Having completed the application process, maximum patience is advised as processing could take a minimum of 120 days.

Join us on Telegram

If you loved this content, do well to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter to get updates and engage with other people like you who wish to immigrate to Canada or just immigrated to Canada.

Do You Need a Job Abroad?

Join our mailing list to get the latest job vacancies and travel opportunities abroad.

You have Successfully Subscribed!